Sunday, January 11, 2015

Weekend Writing Warriors!

It's Sunday and time for the Weekend Writing Warriors. Participants post 8 sentences from a writing project, either published or unpublished. Today I'm offering a small sampling from Loving Leonardo (book 1 in my award-winning, Victorian polyamorous romance.
 
First my 8, then details after:

Our Italian dinner companion reached for his glass, the action raising his cuff slightly. He had fine strong wrists, a jagged scar run up the side and I briefly wondered what he’d done to have gotten such a wound. Drawn to artistry as I was, bone structure often caught my eye when I looked at people and this wrist drew my attention. Michelangelo’s David came to mind — David with his corded forearms and finely-detailed hands slightly larger than they should be a hint to the size of the full erection the artist had in mind, were it made of flesh and not flaccid stone. I wondered who had been his model, for like his contemporary and rival da Vinci, he had a male muse among his models. Lost in thoughts of anatomy, I watched Luca raise his glass to his lips and licked my own before I was aware I’d done so.
 

He leveled me a snow-shadow glance over the rim of his wine glass, before saying, “If you have the inclination Sir Nicolas, I would enjoy conversing da Vinci’s life with a man of your knowledge and kindred interest.” Grinning, he lowered his voice conspiratorially as if he confessed to the others there, “You see, I’m considered quite the bore at home.”
 
Behind the scenes for the snippet above: Aboard a steamer bound for Venice, enjoying dinner with their companions, Nicolas and Ellie meet Luca. Conversation reveals their shared interest in Leonardo da Vinci. Among other things.


An award winning love story written with a twist and a dash of reader-interactive art history. And there's more to come!



 >>۞<<


Sample all of my love stories for free,
including this one.

Subscribe to my main blog.
You'll never know what you'll find.
 

۞>Saturday & Sunday Happenings on my other blogs<۞

My Sexy Saturday & Sexy Snippets
http://calliopesotherwritingtablet.blogspot.com/

Weekend Writing Warriors
http://theancillarymuse.blogspot.com/  

Sneak Peek Sunday
http://calliopeswritingtablet.blogspot.com/

Daily Post & Fun Day Sunday 
http://calliopeswritingtablet.com/


Sunday Snippet
**
A promo op for you too!**
http://exquisitequills.blogspot.com/


See my Links page. I'm everywhere!




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, I was carried away by the language...I've missed this story so it's nice to be reading snippets from it again. Terrific!

    ReplyDelete