Sunday, February 1, 2015

Weekend Writing Warriors #8sunday (ER RO - LGBT)

It's Sunday and time for the Weekend Writing Warriors. Participants post 8 sentences from a writing project, either published or unpublished. Today I'm offering a small sampling from Loving Leonardo - The Quest (book 2 in my award-winning, Victorian polyamorous romance.
 
First my 8, then details after:
To my right sat a rather sallow character whose clothing held a faint note of opium smoke. I introduced myself and for the effort got the salt passed to me. Then I introduced myself and my wife to the English couple directly across the table, a veritable Mr. and Mrs. Jack Sprat. In the din, I couldn’t quite make out their names — Anders, Landers, or Flanders — but it didn’t matter. The less-than-friendly wife was too absorbed in finding fault with an exemplary meal. Four times did she call for our server to complain about how cold her soup was and how hot her salad was, as well as how fishy the fish tasted, and she asked him to inform the cook that the peas were still in their pods.
 

Ellie nudged my knee with hers. Mrs. Anders-Landers-Flanders’s complaints were laughable because we’d been served a cold soup of potato and leek, an intentionally hot salad of roasted pepper and ham, a pheasant course in cream that was by no means a fish course, and haricots verts which were obviously green beans and not unshelled peas.

Behind the scenes for the snippet above: Recently arrived in Paris, Nicolas and Ellie stay at the renown Grand Hôtel. Here they dine in the crowded dining hall with notable dinner companions. 
>>۞<<

An award winning love story written with a twist and a dash of reader-interactive art history. And there's more to come! View the Trailers

Review~
I love that this author takes what could be just another turn of the century historical romance and completely revamps it into a very sexy, smart, and scintillating read. Ellie's character is so bold and outspoken for a woman of this era, yet she easily maintains her sweetness and femininity. Nicholas too belies convention in many ways, which I feel makes his relationship with Ellie and Luca much more passionate and caring. This is a most delicious read, and I certainly hope we see more of these three lovers in the near future.
~ Coffee Time Romance & More
 >>۞<<


Sample all of my love stories for free,
including this one.

Subscribe to my main blog.
You'll never know what you'll find.
 

۞>Saturday & Sunday Happenings on my other blogs<۞

My Sexy Saturday & Sexy Snippets
http://calliopesotherwritingtablet.blogspot.com/

Weekend Writing Warriors
http://theancillarymuse.blogspot.com/  

Daily Post & Fun Day Sunday 
http://calliopeswritingtablet.com/


Sunday Snippet
**
A promo op for you too!**
http://exquisitequills.blogspot.com/


See my Links page. I'm everywhere!


3 comments:

  1. I'm over here laughing at Mrs. Anders-Landers-Flanders. Why oh why is it always the most ignorant who are the most insufferable?

    Great 8! Thanks for posting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun meal! I'd be laughing at Mrs. Anders-Landers-Flanders too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful details in this snippet and I can totally visualize the dreaded Mrs. Anders-Landers-Flanders! Really enjoyed the excerpt and am rethinking my lunch menu LOL...

    ReplyDelete