Sunday, July 5, 2015

Weekend Writing Warriors #8sunday (RO)(ER)

It's Sunday and time for the Weekend Writing Warriors. Participants post 8-10 sentences from a writing project, either published or unpublished. Today it's a bit from The Leonardo Chronicles a bind-up of my award-winning, Victorian polyamorous series Loving Leonardo.

First my 10, followed by details~
I watched my wife prepare herself, standing before the wall mirror, her tongue poking in concentration as she arranged the pins in her hair and tightened the curls that were want to spill free. Several cinnamon strands wouldn’t cooperate and these she rolled around and around her finger until they were tight curls to be tucked under the rest. I was transfixed by the deliberate feminine processes whose end results were suggestive of the coifs of Degas’ ballerinas. Thomas was correct. Women were a breed apart, but as the French said, Vive La DiffĂ©rence!

She removed her blouse, skirts, and bustle, and for some reason my mind took a different turn. In my mind’s eye I saw her naked and gagged with a burlap sack over her head. For two days now my mind had been intermittently taken by that terrible image, followed by an instantaneous albeit short-lived feeling of dread. I couldn’t say why, but for some reason I felt it now. The sensation that Thomas often referred to as “a goose walking over a grave.” Kneeling, I helped her from her shoes and stockings. Lifting the hem of her camisole, I pressed my forehead to her bare belly and hugged her to me. How I loved this precious nymph.

What just happened~

Leaving the violence of Venice behind, my trio heads to Rome to follow clues in Leonardo da Vinci's book. Nicolas has been feeling a heavy sense of dread over the last few days. Here he takes a moment to appreciate his wife and the dread returns unbidden. Something is not quite right.


What's at the heart of this unusual love story? 
Loving Leonardo has a message of tolerance between the lines. Aside from that, it's an exciting, sexy romp through Victorian Europe on a quest for a book written and illustrated by Leonardo da Vinci for his homosexual lover Salai.

There are two books in the ongoing adventure series and more to come. I invite you into a decadent Victorian world of artworks and secrets. Discover more in The Leonardo Chronicles


۞>>>>۞<<<<۞
۞>>>>More on my other blogs<<<<۞
Romance Books '4' Us~
Message in a Bottle
http://romancebooks4us.blogspot.com/2015/07/message-in-bottle-by-rose-anderson.html


#FreedomHop,My Sexy Saturday & Scintillating Sunday Showcase
Weekend Writing Warriors
http://theancillarymuse.blogspot.com/
 
Too many weeds? I've left my wild foods recipes up.
Just scroll back and enjoy. Yum!

My Main Blog ~ Thomas Jefferson's Edits




Sample all of my love stories for free

including the one featured today!
See my Links page. I'm everywhere!

2 comments:

  1. Well that excerpt certainly took an ominous turn! Makes me anxious and want to read more, of course. Intriguing snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is NOT the feeling one wants to have when enjoying an intimate moment with one's love. For their sake, I hope it isn't prophecy... but I feel something as dire if not that is all too likely.

    ReplyDelete