Sunday, May 3, 2015

Weekend Writing Warriors #8sunday (RO)(ER)

It's Sunday and time for the Weekend Writing Warriors. Participants post 8 sentences from a writing project, either published or unpublished. Today it's a bit from Loving Leonardo - The Quest ~ book 2 in my award-winning, Victorian polyamorous series.

First my 8, followed by details~
My thumbs absently rubbed her knobby knuckles. “As a child, whenever I was afraid, whenever I was sad, yours was the comfort I sought.” I drew a deep breath and let it out slowly with my words, “I’m afraid, dear heart. So much so it withers me inside.”
 

She mirrored my breath, “We must find Luca.” 

Born into society as I was, my privileged station held me at arm’s length from the rest of the world for the whole of my life. I was blind to the underbelly of London and Thomas and his contacts weren’t here to help me navigate. I shook my head hopelessly and explained it all, adding, “I don’t know where to search.”

 
What just happened~

Murder casts a pall on Nicolas and Ellie's return to London and now Luca has gone missing. Here Nicolas sits with his housekeeper, Merriam Fletcher. Theirs has always been an unusually close relationship by society's standards. Orphaned at the tender age of six, he bonded with Mrs. Fletcher who was newly widowed at the time. In this scene he explains the sordid and dangerous story he's been living for the last few months as well as who he believes the murderer to be. There's no doubt in either mind that Luca is in danger. 

What this story is about~
This tale was inspired by intolerant news headlines. One day I had heard a succession of negative news commentary and every talking point made that day had a corresponding point 100 years ago. Change comes slowly and is long overdue. Rather than put my time on a blog rant, I immediately focused my opinion into a very unusual love story. Writing romance gives one the opportunity to create happy endings.
:)


۞>>>>۞<<<<۞
۞>>>>More on my other blogs<<<<۞

My Sexy Saturday

Weekend Writing Warriors

Got weeds? There's still time to try my wild foods recipes.
Just scroll back. Yum!

Snippet Sunday
**
A promo op for you too!**
http://exquisitequills.blogspot.com/

Fun Day Sunday

And... scroll back to read all of April's A to Z Challenge
where you'll find great details for authors. And, I always add links to more information. Here are my topics, some are truly strange:


Z for Zildjian cymbals

Y for Yo-yo
X for XOXO
W for Witching
V for Volkswagen
U for Ukulele
T for Tree Circus
S for Spectacles
R for Rat King
Q for Quills & Pens
P for Pigment
O for Overtoun “dog suicide” Bridge
N for Necropolis Railway
M for Monopoly
L for Legends & Lies

K for Kaleidoscope
J for Jersey Devil
I for Ice Harvesting
H for Heaven & Hell Clubs
G for Ghost Ship
F for Frost Fair
E for Echo
D for Dreaded Sweat
C for Chladni & Cymatics
B for (Linear) B
A for Archaeoastronomy


http://calliopeswritingtablet.com/

Sample all of my love stories for free including the one featured today. Subscribe to my main blog. You'll never know what you'll find! http://calliopeswritingtablet.com/
See my Links page. I'm everywhere!

2 comments:

  1. Great excerpt. I look forward to seeing where this goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating inspiration for the story. I enjoyed the excerpt, their emotional bond is quite clear.

    ReplyDelete